Thursday, June 3, 2010

It's Been Even a Lot Longer...

I find I don't have much to say these days. It must still be burn-out from the last school year. However, there is also something to be said for listening instead of talking. I have good reasons for saying that these days, because there is so much more to hear. My ear surgery has proven successful and continues to open welcome sounds for my enjoyment again.

I am noticing...
lots of airplanes go over our house!
a mourning dove coos as I garden.
kitchen appliances are like rockets taking off.
subtitles on movies aren't always exactly what the people are saying.
that music is pleasant again.
that I am not lip reading much right now.
that you don't have to repeat yourself as much.
that I don't always have to use caption telephone in phone conversations.
the sound the turn signals make in the car.
the beep on the microwave... sometimes.
that I don't have to explain to people all the time that I am hearing impaired.
little squeaks and noises that my granddaughter makes.

Life is getting lovelier.

3 comments:

John Lynch said...

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Kate said...

I need a 'like' button for this post. :-D

Eric Lynch said...

Ditto.