Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'm not so sure this is a good idea...

1. Drinking a white Russian followed by a black Russian on an empty stomach.
2. Accepting those double Manhattans from the lecherous ogler at the bar.
3. Doing handstands in the living room.
4. Starting a 10 page paper and a 15 page paper in the evening of the day before they are both due.
5. Riding down that steep hill in a wagon with two toddlers on my lap.
6. Deciding to hike the two miles to the nature center because there's nothing better to do because school was cancelled because of all the freaking snow that fell.
7. Deciding to camp even though our tent doesn't have a rain fly because what are the chances it will rain tonight anyhow...
8. Taking the short cut back to the house under those tall elm trees because this thunderstorm is coming on a lot faster than I realized.
9. Going to the prom with the guy I just had an argument with anyway, because heck, it's just one night. What could happen?
10. Walking home in the rain because my ride didn't show up, and what's a little drenching going to do to me anyway...

I admit it. I did all of these things at some time in my life, and ignored that wee voice in my head warning me that I shouldn't be so sure that it was a good idea.

2 comments:

L. H. Lynch said...

I did not know: 1, 2, 4, 6, and 10. I had my first White Russian the other day, and it was really good. I have done 3 many times, and nothing ever came of it. I haven't been quite as bad as 4, but for any paper five pages or less I don't even bother starting until the night before, and it usually works out very well.

Lisa said...

Wow, Laura, I had to reread that to make sure I understood you. I hope that you meant you did number 3 (handstands) several times and not 3 white Russians at once several times!