Monday, March 22, 2010

On a Roll

My goal this morning was to work on two science experiments as possible activities for my science class. It is often a frustrating and futile effort, since so many of them do not work. But, but, but!!! Today with only a little extra effort and minimal aggravation, I got them both to work in a very short time. This was supposed to take all day, cost me buckets of tears, and involve much weeping and gnashing of teeth. I am sorely tempted to try to make another one work for which I had bought many parts, one of them costly, and for which I have only met with failure thus far. I'm batting 1000--do I push my luck? And I know what you all are saying: "No guts, no glory." But hey, I just had two glories already this morning. Moderation in all things is my motto. Why spoil a good day when you're on a roll?

2 comments:

Reenie said...

My vote, for what it's worth, is to celebrate the victories of the day by putting your feet up, watching daytime soaps, and eating bon bons... or something else enjoyable :) Save failure for another day.

Lisa said...

I'll keep that in mind. However, in the meantime, I allowed myself to pat my own back and just move my nose to another area of the grind stone. Sigh.