Friday, September 11, 2009

Coming Up For Air

The school year is upon us. I've taught my first day of classes. The kids were great, the energy was there. When it was over, I was so tired and had no voice left. This is going to be one grueling year, folks. I may not have time to post as much. (Some of you are sighing in relief about that!)

It feels good to have over 100 students when your goal was 80. It feels good to have a whole new class to offer, even though it is still only 60% planned. It feels good to have an income again.

The downside is that it is going to take every ounce of energy I have to stay on track. I'm going to have to trouble shoot more than I like. None of my other duties are lessened--cooking, grocery shopping, laundry, finances, and hey, maybe some house-cleaning now and then!

If I seem harried, I am. If I seem distracted, I am. If I seem under pressure, remind me to come up for air.

No comments: