Monday, September 7, 2009

Quotables

As some of you may have noticed, I have been putting up quotes on my facebook page. It's been fun deciding who to quote and finding something clever, terse, or profound. It has also gotten me into a little trouble for not thinking long enough before choosing. I have spent more time this week than I planned on smoothing down ruffled feathers. So here's another quote:

"I never put my foot in my mouth. I just shove the whole leg in." --rambling lal

The irony in this case, is that it was somebody else's words (leg) that I was having to shove in my mouth. Lesson learned: if you quote someone, the assumption is that you agree entirely with every word that was quoted. If you just toss something out there because it is interesting and worthy of debate, you're going to find yourself wishing you hadn't.

No comments: