Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dreams Are so Weird

Normally I don't like hearing about other people's dreams. I try to avoid telling about my own. But sometimes they are so bizarre, you find yourself incredulous. What was my brain up to anyway?

This morning I woke up with the following dream clearly imprinted in my memory. I have become a princess. They are fitting me for a crown. The crown is really just very heavily starched lace in a ring. I am a little ashamed because I haven't polished my toe nails recently. They are jagged and get caught on the hem of my long gown. Suddenly I am in a bedroom interviewing Brigitte Bardot, only it's really my sister-in-law, Kris. She is gorgeous. We decide to have cocktails. There seems to be a bar in the bedroom and the bartender makes our drinks. I am given a three foot long straw to drink mine with. But as soon as I try, it turns into a limp three foot long chain of safety pins. At this point I wake up.

You have to ask what the hell that was all about! The only part I understand are the toe nails. I don't do them enough. They need doing now. Where is Sigmund when you need him? Of course, I think Freud was a little weird, too.

No comments: